AAA Roadside Assistance is designed to get you on the go again. If your vehicle cannot be safely driven after attempting one of our on-the-go emergency roadside services we will tow your vehicle.
As a AAA member you have two towing service options:
- Tow to service provider or AAA Car Care
- Tow to destination of choice
Tow to Service Provider or AAA Car Care Your vehicle may be towed to the AAA Service Provider’s station that responded to your call or to a AAA Car Care Center free of charge (if available within 10 miles).
Destination of Your Choice
Your vehicle may be towed to a destination you select. The first three miles of towing is free of charge. Plus and Plus/RV members receive up to 100 miles and Premier members receive 200 miles of towing service free of charge.
Fees and Limits
- Your vehicle may be towed to a destination of your choice.
- Basic members receive 3 free miles of towing, and are charged $4.00 for each additional mile.
- Plus and Plus/RV members receive 100 free miles of towing, and are charged $4.00 for each additional mile.
- Premier and Premier/RV members receive 200 free miles of towing, and are charged $4.00 for each additional mile.
- Charges for towing mileage must be paid by the member at time of service and are not reimbursable.
- Towing rate of $4.00/mile is subject to change.
Important Towing Service Restrictions
Vehicles that have been modified by the owner can increase the risk of possible damage when towed or serviced. Therefore, AAA reserves the right to refuse to tow or service any vehicle on the grounds of safety and liability.
Due to many roadside assistance needs occurring after business hours, when most repair garages are closed; your vehicle may be towed to a place of safekeeping. You may be charged for vehicle storage and may be assessed a second service call and/or appropriate mileage charges for the subsequent tow.
Not all vehicles require flatbed service. If you request this service and the AAA Towing manual does not require your vehicle to use a flatbed, you may be charged additional fees. The final decision on how to safely service your vehicle is left to the discretion of AAA technician at the roadside location.
The following are non-eligible vehicles:
- Taxi Cab
- Unlicensed vehicles
- Light duty trailers – boat trailers and horse trailers
- Loaded vehicles
The following are non-eligible service locations:
- Vacant lots
- Construction sites
- Creek beds
- Open Fields
- Boat Ramps
- Forest Service Roads
Winching & Extraction
As a member of AAA you can request to have your vehicle extricated or winched. Your vehicle must be accessible at a distance of 50 feet or less from a state prepared roadside surface. A trained roadside service technician will only operate one truck to perform the requested winching service. If special equipment, additional manpower or vehicles are required, AAA Basic members will be charged the additional costs, payable to the facility at the time of service. Plus, Plus/RV, Premier, Premier/RV members can be provided with a second truck and operator, when needed, for up to one hour free of charge.
AAA Vehicle Extrication/winching service does not cover vehicles disabled in the following locations:
- Non-public road
- Construction site
- Boat ramp
- Vacant lot
- Back or side yards where the vehicle cannot be reached
If your vehicle cannot be operated after extrication, it will be towed in accordance with the towing provision.